View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 12:26   #1
katex
Resting in Peace

Unhappy Support Parking Scheme

This was the heading in last week's Observer. Cllr. Britcliffe is supporting a proposed resident's car parking scheme of the streets around the Civic Theatre in Oswaldtwistle. His reasons are that now the Theatre/Arts Centre has become busier it has created more problems for residents.

I do agree must be a nightmare for the local residents, however, I do not agree with someone being able to purchase a part of a public road outside their house for private parking and the traffic will only move out further to other streets..??

We know, that the councils will never be able to afford the land next to it for a long time (in which time it may be sold to another interested party), so the whole thing does not make sense to me.

A similar scheme was put forward in 2008, but needs 75% support and did not meet this. Probably due to resident's reluctance to pay the cost.

It is suggested that to help susidise this scheme, the residents would only have to pay a minimal fee each week; other costs would be taken up by the Oswaldtwistle Area Council ... I wouldn't be too happy with this if I lived in Ossy.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web