View Single Post
Old 28-06-2011, 16:33   #75
accyman
God Member

Re: Untidy Hyndburn - Please Post Your Pictures

Milnshaw park has needed money spending on it for many years .As things were taken away or demolished they never got replaced and the park has always been neglected in favor of other parks such as rhyddings park and oak hill park but hopefully now we have a new regime the favoritism will stop and money will be diverted to the more needy areas.

Milnshaw park has come up on here many times before but never got much demand for action until now when money is short and a huge debt left by the previous lot which will make taking action a lot harder.

if there is a separate budget for parks i think bare minimum should be allocated to the favored parks to keep them tidy and more given to the run down parks so they can catch up all be it slowly due to the huge amount of work and expense that will be required due to many years of neglect.

As for grot spots harsher fines for people who tip rubbish would help pay for more environment officers and to be quite blunt if people haven't got enough self respect to keep their patch tidy then they will only make a mess again when its been cleared up for them.In many cases it only takes a phone call and rubbish will be taken away but even that is too much for some people.

I will say that the council could be a little less picky about what they will take away.I used old suitcases to put rubbish in as they were more sturdy than a box and was told they had to be empty yet these are only going to landfill so whats the big fuss ?

Perhaps if the collection rules wernt so fussy less people would fly tip.

just a thought

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote