View Single Post
Old 30-06-2011, 11:57   #68
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Teachers' & other public servants' strike

I have every sympathy for this strike. Being a public sector worker myself, I am thoroughly brassed off with the government constantly moving the pensions goalposts. I have paid into my NHS pension for 24 years. The vast majority of NHS workers have very small pensions, they are domestics, porters, catering staff, health care assistants, nurses and midwives. The people getting big pensions are few and far between.

What ticks me off the most is now being told that we are working longer. I believe the police, fire and armed forces will still be able to retire early but not nurses and midwives!!!!!

I would love to ask all of our MPs one question..

If you are hospitalised and are a patient on one of our massive wards, in one of these new super hospitals that are springing up everywhere and you have a cardiac arrest......... Who would you want to run for the Defibrillator??

A 25 year old nurse or a 65 year old nurse????

It's a no brainer.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote