View Single Post
Old 30-06-2011, 21:32   #79
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Teachers' & other public servants' strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I was asking a rhetorical question. Referring to how much support there'd be for today's strike, from workers in the private sector.

I never said it's what I think.

Besides, if you read it again, perhaps putting your finger under each word as you read aloud, you'll see I didn't give figures, but said 'many of whom are on more than fifty grand a year'.

Which is the case.

I know many in the teaching profession who earn that, and more.

Do try and read things more carefully.

There are 'many' other people more likely to catch me out, before you ever do.

It's reported in the press that the Treasury released figures today exposing how public sector retirement funds dwarf their private sector counterparts.

The figures released show that a mid-ranking teacher on £32,000 a year will receive a final salary pension that is the equivalent of having built up a £500,000 pension pot.

I haven't yet seen a poll, showing what support there was for today's industrial action, from those working in the private sector. But as I rhetorically asked, it will be interesting to know.

Public sector strike: £500,000 pension pot of striking teachers revealed - Telegraph

Public Vs Private Sector Pensions: Who Is Better Off In Retirement? | Business | Sky News

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote