Thread: Smoke Alarm ?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:56   #24
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Smoke Alarm ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Difficult is dragging people from burning buildings, sending letters out to everyone fitted with a smoke detector from that batch is easy.
I know it is, I've done it.
the trouble with the smoke detectors, is identifying which was the faulty batch, they were produced for the government in China. Lancs County was issued with those detectors which were then distributed to fire stations.
Not all the batches delivered contained faulty detectors. Think of thousands at a time in warehouses, being parcelled up and sent out to all the County Fire Services in the country. It didn't all happen at once but over a period of time.
Sending letters out to every one who had an alarm fitted is one hell of a task, could cause unnecessary panic, the detectors still work, its just the anoyance of the constant beeping, which is the only way of identifying them, then they will be replaced.
If smoke detectors were left up to individuals to buy and fit their own, how many would have them, compared to the present number whose homes are fitted with them.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 05-07-2011 at 13:00. Reason: spell
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote