View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 16:33   #31
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
We should be banging on doors; get us on the TV. get those cameras on the sponsorship boards. Get industry on our side, Ticket bundles for small business, get people to sponsor a Tickets for Troops campaign; get the whole community engaged; how many ethnic/culture groups are represented. engage with people. try engaging with us as a starter project.
I agree "we" should be doing these things - but who is "we"? Rob is halfway down Kilimanjaro (which at least is good Google Page Ranking), Lew is busy with the shop (which people generally seem to think is doing well) so who exactly does that leave to do all these good, time-consuming things?

"Engaging with us" (i.e. the lunatics who live on this messageboard) might be one approach - but imho doing nothing does less harm than sparking off some bright idea and not following it through properly and professionally. There have been a few of those over the last few years .

And before anyone flames me, I do know people have offered their services in the past and been given a stiff ignoring.

I have no solution - I'm just prepared to keep hoping the corner has been turned. Maybe some of the things you list are going on in the background .....