Old 12-07-2011, 14:44   #63
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
I can't say I know PB personally, though I know of him, as any reader of the local press will do. I'll pin my colours to the mast very clearly as a Labour supporter. And in that I am disappointed that PB wasn't ousted at the last election. Reminds me of the proverbial watsit stuck to a blanket and takes some shifting

I'm sorry, on most things I'm prepared to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, irrespective of their political persuasion. I admire any person who puts themselves forward for service to the community without seeing any gain for themselves. However, when a councillor says he needs his £38,000 allowance as a councillor because then I can't help but see him in the same light as all those MPs in the expenses scandal

I don't think we should be too bewildered at PBs relentless hold on his ward if the majority of the constituents are true blue Tories I'm just grateful we now have a labour majority council.
i aint convinced the majority of his constituents are true blue Tories Mike, they may be, from when i lived up yon, i would think around 50/50, the fact is the horrible git has been a damn fair Ward Councillor, although i'm spitting feathers saying it.