Thread: Britcliffe
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 16:20   #66
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
I don't think we should be too bewildered at PBs relentless hold on his ward if the majority of the constituents are true blue Tories
If you'd have read this thread rather more carefully, you'd have seen that I'd posted as a resident in Cllr. Britcliffe's ward, and that political allegiance has nothing to do his 'relentless hold' on St. Andrew's ward.

He's a good local councillor, with a proven track record, which probably adds to his appeal. More so that some new Fanny-Ann, who people know very little of, and who might not know their political arse from their elbow.

It's definitely the person, rather than the party, that means he's re-elected.

As for the stupidly, snide, 'true blue Tories' comment, that shows your gross naivety.

As someone who sees it as it is, that being he's a good ward councillor, but also someone who in public was one of the fiercest and most vocal critics, whist he was leading the council, you're way off the mark if you're trying to attach a 'true blue' label to me.

Indeed, whilst attacking some of the ludicrous policies and decisions taken under his leadership, many of his supporters accused me of being a leftist, Trotskyist, blood red political agitator.

So to surmise...you are very, very, wrong.

That's kindly ignoring the fact that historically this was seen as a safe Labour ward.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote