Thread: Britcliffe
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 17:37   #74
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
I can't say I know PB personally, though I know of him, as any reader of the local press will do. I'll pin my colours to the mast very clearly as a Labour supporter. And in that I am disappointed that PB wasn't ousted at the last election. Reminds me of the proverbial watsit stuck to a blanket and takes some shifting

I'm sorry, on most things I'm prepared to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, irrespective of their political persuasion. I admire any person who puts themselves forward for service to the community without seeing any gain for themselves. However, when a councillor says he needs his £38,000 allowance as a councillor because then I can't help but see him in the same light as all those MPs in the expenses scandal

I don't think we should be too bewildered at PBs relentless hold on his ward if the majority of the constituents are true blue Tories I'm just grateful we now have a labour majority council.
Although control has shifted, each individual councillor is elected for a four year term and Peter Britcliffe will walk among us until 2014 at the earliest as he was re-elected at the same time as I got on the council. He is also a county councillor which means that in addition he will hold that seat until at least 2013.

There is no love lost between me and him as we have locked horns on several subjects that I think the Conservatives would have preferred to remain unquestioned. Personally speaking, I find his conduct within the council to be outright disrespectful rather than simply political posturing and following his ejection from the chamber at the last full meeting there was a palpable shift in the atmosphere for the better.

Just my opinion, but there's no need for it and I feel that panto performances demean the whole council.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote