View Single Post
Old 14-07-2011, 10:13   #8
Whalley Red
Full Member+

Re: Radcliffe Thread

I think it is a very good idea, Dan
  • the text box automatically refreshes when there is a new entry, so you don't need to keep refreshing the thread in the forum to check for updates.
  • there is a sound alert when there is a new entry, so again you don't need to keep refreshing the thread in the forum to check for updates.
  • it is available via the fishy home page, so it will generate a much wider audience and that can only be a good thing.
  • it is clearly not a substitute for attendance at a game, so whereas live radio commentary may have kept a few people away from home games, this will not.

In terms of the delay in viewers' comments being posted, I don't think that is important. People will follow this text service to read your summaries of the match action, not to read others opinions/questions (maybe questions can be emailed/texted to you and you summarise/respond to them similar to the test match commentaries on sportinglife.com). I know that we are all very curious about the trialists during the pre-season friendlies, but it will dilute the value of this service if it is a free-for-all once it is running fully.

The value of the text service will also depend on how often the match updates are made
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote