Thread: Barrow Friendly
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2011, 19:07   #28
Stephen666

Re: Barrow Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Can't help you there I'm afraid, I can only get to matches when I get across, but when I do attend I see a lot of enthusiastic supporters singing & shouting & thoroughly enjoying themselves with no animosity.

That said though, at the Wycombe game last season I saw some young idiots, winding up away supports as they were leaving the ground thereby turning an incident free event into a chance for further escalation & probably dragging the good reputation of the Stanley fans through all kinds of ikky stuff, simply because of a few imbeciles.

Once a club gains a reputation for trouble it is near on impossible to change that perception from other football fans home & abroad. I'll give you an example Liverpool vs Juventus Heysel 85, things happened English Clubs got banned, travelling round Europe taking in some games as soon as you mentioned being English (and from Liverpool) dark looks & a total change in attitudes. That is why any inkling of trouble needs stamping down hard irrespective of whose responsible or their popularity.
Questions asked:

What are your personal thoughts about what you saw at Barrow on Saturday?

Relating to what you saw at Barrow, what are your personal thoughts on what you see at all the home fixtures and away fixtures?

Answers given:

None, and can't help you there I'm afraid

It's quite clear you wasn't there are on Saturday and very rarely attend home or away.

How can you be in a position to comment?...... You can't.
Obviously you live in Germany so my questions were aimed to trip you up.

A minor incident occurred that was dealt with by the stewards and the Police......... End of discussion. A smoke bomb being released at barrow is hardly compareable to what happened at Heysel in 1985.

Quote:
but when I do attend I see a lot of enthusiastic supporters singing & shouting & thoroughly enjoying themselves with no animosity.
Let me assure you Dave, this represents a high percentage of all Stanley matches.........My personal thoughts on the number of stanley matches I attend each year including pre season friendlies.......A high percentage.

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote