View Single Post
Old 29-07-2011, 10:08   #33
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn Homes - security compromised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I deduce that flats are left empty because, until they have been refurbished to a set standard, they cannot be re-let.
It appears to matter not that many are living in flats below that standard.
The published promised programme of works to bring them to that standard has been abandoned.
However, the way they go about doing refurbs is traumatic for residents, as my month long experience of my disabled shower install showed me.

Obviously HH is so strapped for cash that they can do not much more than fulfil obligations relating to Health and safety, and the solve those in the cheapest possible way.
Hence -remove locks instead of replace locks.

I have had no response yet to my repair report of the landing light off last night.
If it was a deliberate cost saving excercise, they have shot themselves in the foot, by creating a safety hazard
This post Margaret has just reminded me about the flat opposite me, a chap moved out because he got beat up with some yobs creating a nuisance, as I said this is one were the turn round was very quick. However, it appears that the guy who got the flat was promised a wet room, much the same that you wanted (although this is a ground floor flat, which I'm wondering if it makes a difference) from what I hear on the grapevine, this chap kicked up such a stick when he'd only been in a very short time, that he now has a nice new wet room now let me see whats HH telephone number I've only been in my flat 21 years