View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:55   #15
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: V - Northampton..

A cracking point against a team who will be in the mix come the end of the season

I had fears that with some many changes it would take time to gel but if the work ethic is anything to go by based on the snippets I caught with Dan on Radio Lancs then we will be okay.

Just picking up on football 19's points on the game I suppose Craney & Linfield will be pivotal going forward with them having to be the link to the front man so a big season for both of them to step up to the mark and show what they are capable of achieving and we still have Danny Coid to come back and from the pre-season games I saw him play he has the experience to carve out the passes whilst at the same time being able to put his foot on the ball and orchestrate from the back as well so will be interesting where Coley plays him.

As for Kurtis it was always going to be a big step up in a short period of time but I think game time will be key as will his first goal and adjusting to the pace of League football but again I have seen enough pre-season to think he will more than prove his worth at this level both in terms of goals and what he brings to the team.

That said I still think we may be one more experienced head short particularly in attacking options perhaps somebody who can play either attacking midfield or as a striker.

Nat is on the bench and may just hit the ground running but could be a big ask if we are chasing a game to expect him or Kurtis to turn games on their head at this stage but who knows?

Very early days but enough to suggest the balance is very nearly there to have another good season

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote