Thread: Family Tree.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 19:21   #40
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Family Tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
My mum has been doing her dad's side of the family, he was brought up on Rockmount and was called Croston - she has found out all sorts of things from different family members like her one remaining aunt and various cousins. She has been sent some wonderful photos, documents and letters which are real eye-openers. I personally have kept the 24 letters my grand-dad wrote to me when i moved out to Italy at first -they cover the period between Sept 1988-May 1993 (he was a prolific writer!). They now read as a family saga -it was the time when I, My sister and our cousin all had our children so the letters describe day to day life of all my family, who was up to what and where, the price of things, comments about local and national elections and just the details of everyday living on Exchange Street, where my Grandparents lived for over 45 years, and Cranbourne Drive, where I was brought up and my mum and dad still lived. it's surprising what people put away and forget about so do try asking family members for letters etc. you may be surprised what they can come up with...
Got a couple of Croston's in my files.
Albert served in the R.A.M.C. &
William who served in the R.G.A.
49 Whalley Rd, Altham.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote