View Single Post
Old 20-08-2011, 13:02   #52
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Should we pull out of Europe?

We could do worse than take Norway as a example, yes they have high taxes so Mancie and c'mon should be happy!!! But they seem to do okay without the EU and have a good standard of living.
From a personal view one advantage of the EU is the euro, I spend time in almost all the Euro zone countries, it's easier to carry in my wallet, still there's nothing better than a bit of Khazakstan Tenge to get them all worked up at Tesco!!

On a serious note, we could cut legal immigration from other EU members, this would help most industry here, why we have never followed the French in that I don't know, foe example to join Air France you have to have a French Passport and be fluent in French, to join British Airways you just need the right to work in the EU.
More concerning, being a ex expat living in Morocco for 3 years, the amount of Moroccan cars I saw with Euro flag stickers on was unreal, they all were looking forward to the day they joined the EU o thru could live in France and the UK.

We should leave, or risk being dragged down with the Euro.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote