View Single Post
Old 25-08-2011, 04:36   #264
Leon Kelly

Re: Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Have heard a rumour that there are plans in the pipe-line to have a "wine bar/bistro" in the Victorian Arcade. The plan is to knock three or four units into one to achieve this, the thing is these are listed buildings. Would you just be allowed to knock them through given their listed status??
Having the premises above the Arcade i can confirm that this is indeed the plan, Inshops who currently own it have decided that there is no longer any retail trade on that side of the town, They have asked me three times if i would take the Taxi rank which is empty underneath are venue, however they are not willing to replace the windows and the whole lot need replacing, The old fancy dress shop main window has no strength in it at all and all the wood has broken.

In shops have the building up for sale and as more and more units have become vacated, they have had an offer on the building and i am ledd to believe that the sale is going through, The main plain is to convert to bars and bistros, however while planning etc goes through they will smarten the Arcade up, what does make me laugh is the Listed Building status and that keeping the building in line with its original features, if you view the roof on the back which we can do from our fire escape all the original glass at the top of the arcade is either plastic, cracked, missing, and the roof is a mess as well.
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote