View Single Post
Old 26-08-2011, 17:53   #87
mobertol
God Member

Re: Judging a book by it's cover.

A tangled web indeed -and what a shame. It took me about half of this thread to work out who you were talking about and I am very sorry that he had to be banned. What some deem boring others found interesting and his threads generated an average number of replies so presumably they weren't so bad.
As a relatively new contributor to this site I must admit that it can be a bit daunting to write down your thoughts etc for the scrutiny of folk you don't know. One little run in with Less a while ago brought me up short at first, then I realised what a loveable old rascal he is (as they say in the best women's magazines Less is more....which always features alongside Grey is the new black and other such startling truths). Other members have been helpful and witty and in the end, you know, it takes all sorts. Variety is the spice of life after all....
G - stop beating yourself up, heavy-weights don't usually get thrown into the ring with fly-weights and wouldn't throw any punches unless they were blind-folded, which was effectively the case....keep up the bear-baiting though.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence