Thread: Kern Miller
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2011, 18:58   #3
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Kern Miller

Interesting from Coley in today's paper:-

"Meanwhile Coleman leapt to the defence of Peter Murphy who he feels gets a rough ride from a small minority of the Reds’ fans. The 21-year-old defender scored his first league goal on Saturday.
"Peter is a steady player and that’s why we re-signed him. He can play in a number of positions and that’s why he is important to us.
"For some reason some fans seem to want a whipping boy and, at the moment, it’s Peter.
"And, for me, it’s not because of how he plays or his attitude it just seems to me that it’s because he isn’t Chris Turner.
"Fans have their favourites but I see Peter in training, in reserve matches, in first team matches and I judge him on his football ability.
"It’s not just because it is Peter either, I would do the same with any players as people are seeming to let other matters – not football – cloud their judgement."
He continued: "I was also disappointed that the team was booed off at half-time by our fans on Saturday.
"It was a shock to hear some of the comments that were made, even if they were in a jokey way. It’s rare it happens with our fans and the players know they let themselves down but I felt some of the fans also let themselves down.
"Like I say, it was a shock to me as it rarely happens but it didn’t do anyone any good."
Coleman is hoping the fans will get behind his team against Burton who are unbeaten in the league this season."

Does this mean he reads this messageboard? I didn't notice any booing at Port Vale. Certainly the Ultras stayed faithful until the end, apart from one chant of "We're so poor(?) it's unbelievable".
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote