View Single Post
Old 27-08-2011, 18:56   #124
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Judging a book by it's cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Enough of the breast-ringing and hand-beating!
As a thirty year old married man with kids, a car and working for the NHS Bee got treated no better or worse than he deserved. Be fair, he was treated quite gently compared to the savaging I have seen some people receive on here in my short membership. The treatment of him was more 'Oh, no, not again' than 'Where is his jugular?'. Vigourous discussions and comments are acceptabe between adults as long as it doesn't go too far( which it sometimes does)
As they say 'If you can't stand the heat-'.
HOWEVER!
If this is a twelve year old boy I am impressed with his knowledge and enthusiasm for his chosen (if strange) interest. He seemed astonishingly aware of what was going on in the Hyndburn area(retail wise) and didn't let the mickey taken out of him put him off one bit. Odd though his posts were I doubt anyone would have guessed he was only that age.
If he had given an honest summation of himself I am confident he would have received a lot of very knowledgable answers from people on here(where else is there so much knowledge of Accrington?).
I don't think open access to this forum is suitable for a twelve year old but if this is his chosen interest is there no way he can be allowed to ask his questions and benefit from all the information available from the members on here?
Regardless of age, there were threads and posts, now happily deleted, which were very demeaning. Some of which demanded the removal of another member.

A member who hadn't been snide, or abusive to anyone else.

This member was purely singled out because some people didn't happen to share the same enthusiasms.

That in my opinion, is quite simply wrong.

We do all make instantaneous judgements.

Perhaps it's just human nature. A survival instinct. Friend or foe.

It's only later that you realise assassins sometimes smile.