View Single Post
Old 27-08-2011, 21:39   #131
mobertol
God Member

Re: Judging a book by it's cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We don't all judge books by their covers. I also ignore the synopsis, and the critics are no better judges than any other reader. And every reading is a re-writing.

Sure, I found Bee's postings a little tedious. But that was because of the subject rather than the tone, which was always calm and reasonable. Never were there angry outbursts at the outrageously nasty responses. I kind of admired his restraint, a model for some others on here. And his threads were no more tedious than some of the ones I initiated. Not too many folks in your part of the world are interested in hockey, the weather in K'town, whether or not the Queen's Golden Gaels were going to win the Vanier Cup/Coupe Vanier etc.

I understand there were issues with his profile; but aren't all autobiographies fiction? Boswell admited as much; so did Cardinal Newman

in his "Apologia Pro Vita Sua". And I lied about my age. I'm actually only 16,

although I claim to be 65 This is why I'm not allowed in the over 18s

Surely Eric no-one of 16 could have such superb beard?! Unless your profile is fake- which i doubt it is.....
I too hope at some point that Bee returns. I had no qualms whatsoever about his posts...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence