Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 19:01   #605
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
thats rubbish thousands of people who were deemed unemployable got jobs the ones who started the rot were the tories by encouraging people to go on the sick to fiddle the unemployment figures in the eighties to destroy the manufacturing industry to please the shareholder mentality that got us in this mess in the first place and thats not my opinion its the opinion of people who have worked on the frontline for decades.theres one reason that got us in this mess yes greed tory greed plain and simple get the figures who got helped baked into work during the labour years and who got helped back into work during the eighties youll find most on the sick were thrown on the scrap heap with no help for them to get back into work in the eighties so get the facts right
And where pray, is the evidence for this drivel that you have posted?
You say it isn't your opinion, but the opinion of those who worked on the frontline....the frontline of what exactly?

I don't recall the tory party encouraging people to seek benefits....but I do recall the new labour party encouraging immigration...bringing in people from other countries to do jobs for much less money....I do recall some social engineering, in that it was Ok not to be married, it was Ok to be a single mother,(to have babies, so that the benefit machine continued to cough up the money)it was Ok to get the council to find you a home, it was Ok for you to draw benefits until your youngest child left school.

In short, new labour fostered a level of dependency on benefits because they knew it gave them control over this section of the population.
It would be in the interests of these people to continue to vote labour, well, that is, if they wanted to continue living on benefits.

They made it easier to claim benefits than to go to work......a work ethic was not encouraged.
There is nothing as motivating as a hungry belly to make you find a job.
I have heard unemployed people talking......
'If they think I am getting out of bed for minimum wage they are effing crazy' No work ethic, no self respect...would rather let someone like me...(on a pension) support their lifestyle

I don't entirely blame the people for this, I blame the benefits sytem.

It should have been radically overhauled years ago, but no political party has ever had the guts...they just tinker around the edges
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote