View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 21:08   #54
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I personally have no objection to a simple in out vote. Settles the issue democratically. I have no axe to grind either way. There are arguments on both sides. Jobs v legislative independence, Employers v uncontrolled EU migration. Directives v getting rid of 27 layers of bureaucracy and red tape, protection against globalisation v capital flight. I think the jobs and the fact that in my experience through the European Committee, EU knows what it is doing and does it well, the UK doesn't particularly around protecting it's citizens sub as consumer protection and a big stake to shake at big business bad practices.
Yes, this happens to be a link to the Daily Mail.

Right-wing, axe to grind, blah, blah, blah.

But it's been widely reported in all the press.

Justify this, and tell me what it has to do with a trade alliance.

Fined £150million for failing to fly the EU flag: Now British firms are told how to fight back | Mail Online

Even more interesting would be a justification for this absolute madness.

'Last night the European Commission said it would take the Government to court unless it draws up plans to axe restrictions on claims by immigrants, saying they are against the law and must be scrapped.'
Now the EU orders Britain: Let migrants claim benefits as soon as they arrive in UK | Mail Online

I'll repeat again.

Not one person in this country voted for what's happening to us now. Laws passed in Brussels, that we are forced to live under.

That is very wrong.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote