View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 21:45   #28
steve2qec
Full Member+

Re: Favourite Vinyl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Wynonie Harris - "Bloodshot Eyes" - a very nice 1956 issue on a UK Vogue label 45.
Huey "Piano" Smith & the Clowns - "Don't You Just Know It" - a 1958 UK release on an immaculate plum-coloured Columbia label 45 complete with original sleeve.
Amos Milburn - "One Scotch One Bourbon One Beer" - an early 60's reissue 45 on the British Vocalion label - very rare.
Wynonie Harris - "Battle of the Blues" - a 1961 EP with a great shot of the man himself on the cover on the UK Bluebeat label. Very popular with West Indians at the time.
Otis Redding - "Shake" - a 45 on the US Volt label that I bought about this time last year from a beat up old wooden shack about 5 miles from Stax studios in Memphis where it was recorded.

Still promoting quality sounds, amidst the prog ramblings of the Accyweb hippie commune.
Otis Redding is the only one of that lot I've heard of!! But is "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer" the same song as the similar named "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" that George Thorogood & the Destroyers did?....if so, I'd probabily like it.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote