View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 10:45   #120
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The problem lies, untying all the red tape accumulated over the last 36 years Rindi, don't think its quite as simple as just waking up one morning and saying we're free we're on our own again

I don't think anyone is fool enough to think that we can wake up one morning and be shut of the EU.

Does that mean we should continue with something that is sucking the country dry, because it would be difficult to remove ourselves?

Do you truly want Brussels to be making legislation for us to follow in this country?
Do you want them taking money from us hand over fist?
Do you want to pay to shore up the economies in other corrupt countries.?

It isn't just us in this country who feel disillusioned by this giant legislative machine....this money pit.

The EU itself is a bloated and corrupt organisation which has not had a budget signed off in the last 14 years. There is no transparency about how it is run and managed.
MP's don't want to see us leave the EU....they see that golden glow from the pots of money they hope to earn when they are no longer at the Palace of Westminster. And on the subject of MP's...if Brussels are going to be making all the rules then why do we continue to pay MP's £60,000+ per annum for non existent work?

I personally, think we have a snowflakes chance of a referendum.
DC and NC will dictate which way their members should vote on whether to offer the electorate a say in events....and if by some fluke of fate the MP's decide we should get a vote, DC has no obligation whatsoever to ensure that this happens.......he can just ignore it and go on his way merrily.
So as Electors we have no earthly power to influence our own destiny........ a vote of any description is just a sop to keep the masses in line.(I'm sounding increasingly like the other Margaret on here, aren't I?)

We have been defeated by Europe...not with bullets and bombs, but with Bureaucrats, taxes and red tape.
This kind of war allows the populace to live and contribute to this growing monster.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-10-2011 at 10:48.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote