View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 20:24   #137
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I would prefer to see our country organised on the lines of Norway or Switzerland .

If anyone can prove to me that this can be done I would go for it .

I am not pro the EU , despite what I have said .
It is just that at the moment I do not see any viable alternatives . I believe that just to withdraw carries the danger of destroying the livelihoods of millions in this country . I am not prepared to see that .

I voted to leave the EEC in 1975 , but over the many years since then our economy has become so integrated with the economies of other EU countries that any hasty and poorly negotiated withdrawal would cause havoc .

I am just advising caution against precipitate action that could lead us into worse trouble than we are already in .

It's easy come up with anti-EU slogans , but that's not solving anything .
We don't seem to be able to have an informed , protracted discussion about the EU issue . It's what is needed to enable us to form views based on facts and genuine possibilities . That should not be to much to ask for .
I do understand what you're saying.

But soon it will be too late ever to disentangle ourselves from the United States of Europe, and remain an independent nation.

It's now, or never, and since it's only going to get worse for Britain, now's the time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote