View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 21:18   #144
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Hang on, suddenly you are all in love with the very bankers you are blameing for the world s woes 2 mins ago? You cant have it both ways, either they are evil blood sucking monsters to be shot on sight out they are a thriving lifeblood of the uk economy....

Re the trade agreements, quite simply end go to the relevant countries and say you still want it as it's clearly as good for you as it is for us, if not we'll go elsewhere, russia, china and many others are more than willing to step into the breach.... Please let me know if there is some product that we cant get outside of europe should we need to.

My clear understanding is that back in the 70's the eec was as far abroad as we wanted to look, today the world is a far smaller place.
No, I certainly wasn't saying what you think I was saying.

I am neither in love with the bankers or the banking industry,neither do I think they should be shot on sight. I don't quite know where you got that impression.

However, there is a banking industry in this country that would be hampered by taxes that the EU is wanting to bring in....this would lead to the industry looking for a more, shall we say 'hospitable' base outside the UK.........wouldn't this take jobs out of the country?
Doesn't the banking industry rely on services....so they would lose revenue and also perhaps cut down on staff.

A loss of any industry has a knock on effect, but I am sure that you already know this.
I hope this clarifies my views on the subject. I cannot speak for anyone else.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote