View Single Post
Old 22-10-2011, 00:43   #193
Taggy
Senior Member+

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I was just starting to say something along similar lines when you posted that.

Traditional local Labour voters turned their back on the party in droves. Sickened by the way the country was being run by 'New Labour', after three consecutive terms. Especially after the expenses scandals, ongoing wars, and disastrous economic policies.

Your election victory was much aided by the fact you were local, and relatively unknown, other than that of an untested politican in practical terms, who'd led the opposition on H.B.C., but mainly because the Tory's couldn't get their act together.

Which meant their candidate's campaign was very easy to rubbish. I'll hold my hands up, I did. Sometimes using snippets fed to me by yourself, but were too afraid to say publicly.

It genuinely sickens me, as stated earlier, that I'll probably be forced to vote for a single issue party at the next election, but I fear I'll have no choice.

If as you say, you vote against people being allowed their say in a referendum, you will not get my vote, and I'll do everything in my limited power to pursuade others not to do so as well.

I respect you as a person Graham, and think you're a good man, with a good heart, and have honourable intentions, but with every fibre of my body I know you are wrong on this issue, and are totally out of touch with the needs of the people you represent.
I can do nothing more than echo Garinda's post...so it's up to you Graham...you either continue to represent the people that voted for you, which up until now i feel you have, or you decide that now that we have put you in a position of relative power & wealth..we no longer matter to you!

This is going to be a big decision for you...and i'm with Garinda in saying that if you don't agree for a referendum you will not get my vote next time!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote