View Single Post
Old 24-10-2011, 19:52   #262
Eric
God Member

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post
I would vote to get out of the EU. My reasons:
we pay £43m per day to the European Union and get the almost nothing out.

Why should the European Union make up our laws?

We have no physical connection to Europe except the Eurostar to places such as Paris and Brussels.

Another bugbear is we're not even allowed to fish in our own waters but the Spanish can. I would repeal the fishing quota laws so we can fish in our own waters.

Also immigration: if a EU citzen commits a crime in our country, they will extradited back to their country and they would serve their sentence in their country at their expense. I would stop economic migrants coming into to our country just to take advantage of our welfare system. They must have employment before they would be granted a visa.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
The more I read about what is happening to the UK because of the EU, the more I find it difficult to understand how your governments over the years allowed the country to slide into it That fishing thing sounds like BS ... I guess Fleetwood is no longer a major fishing port. The Spanish try to fish in Canadian waters too; the Navy, or the Coastgaurd and the RCMP arrest them, confiscate their vessel, and fine them. And this stuff with the immigrants coming over for no reason other than to take advantage of welfare .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote