Thread: Bus passes
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14   #96
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Bus passes

The shooting & fishing lark go way back when to the times of early pioneers exploring the wilds & founding communities, it's a way of life which some still follow & enjoy, I myself although from England partook of shooting & fishing on our own fair Countryside when younger.

Before you get all aerated about the fact we only shot what we needed & a couple for the farmer as a thank you for letting us use his land, I don't do the shooting now, but still enjoy fishing.

As to the safety aspect you'll find the Canadian kids are introduced to firearms at an early age & taught to respect & appreciate the dangers & responsibilities inherent with these pieces of equipment/tools as that is what they are. Unlike your average overindulged British kid who'd think it was something for making him the hardcase, cool kid of the gang because of the different mentality & mindset between our nations.

And as to the comment of Humanely processed meat you get in the supermarkets Gynn, I think you may need to have a look again at some of these processes.

Sorry for the digression, but if it's of any interest my ol' Dads got his bus pass. Although he doesn't really need it as he's still fit & able enough to drive & he'll continue to do so as long as he's capable.