View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09   #157
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
May I direct you to this post here..... http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/937122-post82.html

The experiment is still under review I am led to believe and it was a joint decision which was influenced by the police. The intention is still to put the benches back in the near future but I have detailed all the reasons for removing them in my previous post and they remain the same. I am led to believe that it has has the desired effect, however.

For all those doomsayers who feel that the removal of a bench or two has kept armies of shoppers away from Accrington because they can't have a sit down, might I suggest one of the pubs or cafes that Wetherspoons is supposedly killing off?

A simple suggestion to improve trading conditions straight from one of your local councillors....
A decision which was influenced by the police. um bloody marvelous, maybe if they did the job they're supposed to and moved the offenders, people like Rindi might just have somewhere to park their backsides and have a rest whilst shopping in Accrington, so they recommend moving the benches instead, another bloody cop-out and the easy option Me thinks you would have been frothing at the mouth if this had happened 12 months ago