View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 20:51   #14
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Who owns Bodycare and Poundworld?

Disgusting.

Will still be disgusting if/when they cave into public pressure, and allow poppies to be worn by their employees.

I feel sorry for the staff, who may have their jobs put at risk if there's a prolonged boycott, and may suffer more than those who made this despicable decision.

Actually spoke about something similar tonight, at a family dinner.

Young lad asked how it was his Grandma had written a letter of complain to someone last year, and why.

She explained that it was to the Co-op head office, after they'd refused to serve a soldier in uniform, in some garrison town in the south. She told them if lads we're being killed to protect this nation, they should have the decency to allow them to buy a few beers, whilst home on leave.

As this woman being questioned, my Mum, was born four months after her Dad was killed, fighting in Normandy, things like this means they're always going to be on a lose/lose situation with her, and us, her two sons.

She turned into a screaming Banshee when a sports bar attached an advertising board to Ossy war memorial, and caused hacvoc in there.

If she hears about this she'll probably be so incensed, she start on a window smashing spree, nevermind a boycott.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote