View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24   #78
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: My early life in Accy 1946-68

Today, three more photos for you to laugh at. This time it’s my class at Central Prep school. The first with all the sellotape marks was the year I left, dated 8 July 1957, and most of my class mates had signed it on the back.

Here goes with names:

Back row, John Duckworth (Harwood), Michael Patton (?Ossy), John Livesey (lived up Willows Lane), Keith Mimnagh (was a choirboy at All Saints Clayton, I had a real crush on him, used to go all weak at the knees when I saw him in his choirboy gear on the annual walking day. Had an older brother Ian), John Stott, Adrian Hessey (Harwood), Dennis Smith (Haslingden), Ian Wright, Barry Jefferson, Roger McIntyre, Christopher McKiernan (lived on Lime Road or thereabouts, his father was plumber or electrician or perhaps both), David Foster (?Fern Gore), John Beard

Third row, Gladys ?, Kathleen Adamson, ?, Jennifer Jones, Diane Goulbourn, Pat Martin, Angela Cooper (lived first house, north side of Queens Road West. She died of cancer when she was about 15 or 16, I went to her funeral just before Christmas, very emotional. Her boyfriend was Richard Oldroyd who lived on Whalley Road just below the hospital with twin brother Geoff), Rona Rushton, ?, Jacqueline ?

Second row, Susan Sagar (lived in Cedar Street), Carol Riley, Christine Cowell, Sandra Adamson, Hilary Camp, Marilyn Waring, Kathleen Hornby, Carol Pickup, ?, Barbara Hartley, Jean Stafford (Haslingden)

Front row, Me, Marion Long, Kirsten Ecroyd, Eric Blunstone (lived in Park Street, two older brothers Colin and Geoff), Susan Ayre (father a minister, older sister Maeve, lived Whalley Road Clayton), Bernice Jacques (?lived on Owen Street), Ruth Aldred

Also signed on the back are Ann Browne and Roger Nuttall who are not in the photo, plus Valerie Evans and Catherine Goldsmith who probably are but I can’t put faces to the names.

Funny isn’t it how I can remember all the boys’ names but not the girls!

The other two photos would be from earlier years, 1956 and 1955 I guess. Don’t know which is which! I will add the names as some are the same, some different from the later one.

So for the second photo (without teacher):

Back row, David Foster, Christopher McKiernan, Adrian Hessey, Roger McIntyre, John Stott, Barry Jefferson, Roger Baldwin, Keith Mimnagh, John Livesey

Third row, Michael Patton, Pat Seville, Kathleen Hornby, Angela Cooper, Pat Martin, ?, Ann Browne, Kathleen Adamson, Maria Allen, John Duckworth

Second row, Marion Long, ?, Sandra Adamson, Ruth Aldred, Bernice Jacques, Carol Howarth, Susan Ayre, Kirsten Ecroyd, Carol Pickup, Jean Stafford, Me

Front row, Hilary Camp, Barbara Hartley, Eric Blunstone, John Beard

For the third photo, with teacher:

Back row, David Foster, Gordon Whittaker, Peter Bentley, Christopher McKiernan, Adrian Hessey, John Stott, John Livesey, Keith Mimnagh, Bernard Howarth, John Beard, John Duckworth

Third row, Eric Blunstone, Pat Seville, Kathleen Hornby, Ann Browne, Jennifer Jones, Pat Martin, ?, Kathleen Adamson, ?, Pamela Ingham, Michael Patton

Second row, Me, Marion Long, Susan Ayre, Ruth Aldred, Kirsten Ecroyd, Carol Riley, Barbara Hartley, Carol Howarth, Susan Sagar, Carol Pickup, Jean Stafford, Sandra Adamson, Bernice Jacques, Norma Hodgkinson

Front, Mary Madden, Maria Allen

I think this one must be the earliest photo as I’m so small my feet don’t quite touch the ground and I’m still wearing a hair ribbon, gone the following year. I think the teacher was Mrs Ward, though I don’t ever remember her being our class teacher. I only remember Miss Caulfield and Mrs Backhouse.

Jaysay I think on an earlier thread you were asking if anyone knew the name Barry Jefferson in connection with St Christophers. Well there is a Barry Jefferson in two of these photos, look on the back row. Haven’t heard of him since, however.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top class Central Prep 1957.jpg (49.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg My class Central prep 55 or 56 1.jpg (45.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg My class Central prep 55 or 56 2.jpg (51.7 KB, 86 views)
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote