View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 20:37   #213
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Long post that Tealeaf to praise a spin-doctor...not a great fan of New Labour myself, or Labour supporters who become Peers.

Time to look back to old values and old-fashioned ideals as far as I'm concerned -but then i see life through rose-tinted specs...and admit to not seeing very well at times!
What Tealeaf said is true.

Labour, under Foot and then Kinock, were unelectable, and would have remained that way forever more.

Rightly, or wrongly, they moved to the centre. Listened to what the ordinary man and woman were concerned about, and wasn't being tackled by Major's sleazy Tories, and changed.

They listened, addessed what people were actually saying they wanted, and offered to represent their views if elected.

It worked.

The state of the Labour party today, it won't work again.

Not until there's a change of leadership. and a major policy shift, which more ably represents what people now demand from our politicans.

Talk of more openess, and transparency in government means sweet Fanny Adams, if it's not backed up, by at least attempting to be democtatic, and representative of the people.

Anyone with any sense, backed up by all the opinion polls, know the British people are desperate to have a referendum, regarding our future relationship with the E.U.

All three mainstream parties refuse to see, and accept this fact...as of yet.

They'll have to, eventually.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote