View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 18:27   #235
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Just going off GJ's latest incoherent ramblings, I wonder if he's suffering from a case of exhaustion? Tomorrow he has to introduce his Metal Theft Bill before the house; it's a ten minute rule bill and he will be speaking shortly after deputy PM's questions. Irrespective of his referendum debacle, cracking down on metal theft is pretty important - the LT is tonight reporting of 33 thefts in a month in Hyndburn.

Therefore he has to get this speech right and I've no doubt he's been writing, rewriting and burning lots of midnight oil. Lets just hope therefore, that when he rises from the hallowed green benches tomorrow he has it right and he does not repeat the dogs dinners which have passed for political argument on here. Our elected local politicians failed the town on thursday night so lets hope it's not twice in a week.
Agreed, his campaign against metal theft, is important, and a pressing issue, and more power to him for championing it.

However, he could still have done all that, and seeing as he said he had no problem with it, also have voted we have a right to vote in a referendum.

He could have been the peoples' champion champion.

He voted against us awarding him that honour.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote