View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011, 09:12   #17
entwisi
God Member

Re: A happy memory of growing up here.

Playing football on Spring Hill field ( where the junior school is now) during lunchtime with the blokes who worked at TML. It was with my then best friend Paul Neville. They even made us "sweat band" head ties. We were at Junior school so about 8 or so at the time. I dread to think what they'd make nowadays of a group of grown men letting two 8 YO kids play football with them.....

Tennis against Lang Bridges during Wimbledon week...

riding bikes on the back entry down teh side of Rists and onto teh spare land behind Spring Hill club, making ramps out of old planks and Nori's.... My Mum and Dad couldn't afford new bikes so I had this old thing made of of what felt like cast iron it weighed so much and was complete with Rod brakes. god that bike took some abuse, At one point the front forks were so bent due to heavy handings from jumps and wheelies that the rod brakes no longer worked so we had to get the engineering shop on the top of the street to heat them up and bend them back...

mucking about around coal pit lane playing hide and seek in the tree/bushes ( and sneaking through the hole in the wall into the Convent )

Making Dams in the Clough by Pendleton Ave and rope swings over the stream.

you know, we had nowt but they were superb days.....

Boys Brigade..

Playing the Flag game down Bullough park... football every friday night either in the Church hall or up on Bullough park top field if the weather/daylight allowed.

and with the Family....

Sundays down at Edisford Bridge, picnics on the river bank and messing about in our dinghy, trying to catch the little fishes etc

Drives through the Ribble valley to the Trough of Bowland, stopping at many different river banks for picnics etc

Camping holidays all over the country

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote