View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011, 13:12   #16
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Christmas Shopping Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't like them either.......the animals hate them. This year before bonfire night wasn't too bad, but in previous years there had been sporadic 'setting off' of fireworks for weeks before bonfire night......it makes it hard to safeguard the wellbeing of the animals.
I also don't like them because I worked for a spell on childrens ward at and around the time of Bonfire night.........it is a long time ago and the regulations were far more lax then, and there were fewer organised displays.......more backyard bonfires....the number of children who came to us with burns from fireworks was to be seen to be believed.......the screams when these children were having their burns dressed would chill your soul.

I think it is a great waste of money.........I hate seeing money go up in smoke.
Echo my thoughts exactly Margaret... Even this year our new neighbours next door were setting them off in the back yard right below my bedroom window - didn't think to tell us what they were going to do - and the chap in one of the other flats (next door is divided into 3 flats) has 3 cats - bet they were terrified. I think people were setting them off on the beach as well - lots of noise coming from that direction.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web