View Single Post
Old 22-11-2011, 22:04   #1
jedimaster
Senior Member+

Smile yippee, true customer service isn't dead

had a little spare time to kill earlier so took a trip over to THE RANGE at whitebirk.

poodling round the aisles we had a look at the christmas decorations as it's mini jedi's first christmas this year and although we've just moved in we are trying to make the effort to make it special. Anyhoo, we noticed a motorised santa's train set that goes round the base of the christmas tree. Thinking " I bet that's a bit pricey" we searched the aisles for it, to no avail. forgetting about it we picked up a few other (quite reasonably priced) bits and pieces and headed to the till. Halfway through "checking out" Mrs jedi suddenly remembered the train set and enquired if they still had any and how much they were. The assistant called over his colleague and asked the question and his colleague informed us that he was sure they still had some and promptly scuttled off into the store. he returned moments later with one in hand and informed us that they were £24.99, there were only a few left as they were selling like hotcakes and they had not had chance to replenish the shelves with the few they had left. Now Mrs jedi and myself had both agreed that this was a very reasonable price for the product and that that we thought it would be a great addition to the future christmas decoration collection. However as we did not have the required monetary amount readily available we stated that we hoped that they would still have one next week. Now here comes the good bit!

Assistant number 2 promptly replied, that's no problem sir if you'd like to give me your name, I will put it to one side for you and reserve it until next week! no deposit required or anything just very simple customer service. Something severely lacking in today's large chain stores.

Well done to THE RANGE!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web