View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 22:12   #128
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Christmas Shopping Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
not sure what your argument is then

you blame the decline of business and trade on the fact that there are too many of accrington's poulation are either alcoholics and drug addicts rayher than a mixture of a decline in employment and the current economic climate resulting in a decline in the amount of each household's disposable income and the fact that people are using supermarkets and large chain businesses as opposed to their local small retailer, yet you don't base your own business's profitability on the same principle.

this is very confusing.

Having read back I wrote
Quote:
The problem with having a retail business in Accrington i
I should have said ONE of the problems. I will repeat that I didn't say too many of Accringtons population are alcoholics or drug addicts, I said it's an increasing number. I'll clarify that by saying it's becoming more noticeable in the town centre before you ask me for the facts

I'm merely stating one of the reasons people don't feel comfortable shopping in the town centre. If I'm wrong then the benches would still be outside the Market Hall would they not ? After all they moved them because of the problems with drunks