Old 24-11-2011, 15:04   #176
mobertol
God Member

Re: Christmas Shopping Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Ok -

Few questions to answer

My point for coming on here was to listen if you have any ideas or feedback lets hear them, But i am all for freedom
of speech however silly remarks like well he lives in blackburn or people taking swipes when i have answered questions,
just adds to the reason why at times people have such a negative view of accrington, I do feel that certain members of this
forum do have their own agenda and also always want to do anything down, ....
OK so you've defended what you did this year and it seems to have been successful up to a point -but those who have been writing on here about this don't seem to have any hidden agendas to me. The over-whelming voice is that something more traditional, up-market and which appeals to a wider cross-section of the community is what is wanted. A bit less lowest common denominator...yes, i am a terrible snob, but quality counts.

Love Acrylic-bob's idea for the Warner Street Winter Festival -good starting point. Money doesn't buy everything, good organisation and networking are the key -how much does a third rate celeb cost for an evening -spend the money elsewhere and you've already made a start...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote