View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 09:25   #1386
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Lol!....Yes so i saw,....Apparently Claire Pritchard, who is now in charge of Markets, said "Historically" the Grotto has always been there???...Since when was that exactly?...I recall one being there last year after the refurbishment, but i can't remember one being in the Market Hall before..although i must admit i've not particularly looked for one so i may be mistaken!

Just as a side issue, but certainly as a matter of interest, how doe,'s the Council go about appointing people to various roles? Does Claire Pritchard, for example, have expertise in running markets or business?..I assume she must have some knowledge in that kind of area to be offered that kind of appointment, but i've no idea, or are these appointments made Carte Blanche?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy if any off um had experience at running a successful business they wouldn't make such stupid decisions, its jobs for the boys matey. It was a different kettle of fish when I started out in local politics people didn't get paid, but got involved to try and make a difference, not how much they could make out of doing the job, which seems the bee hole and end hole these days, which was highlighted by the parliamentary expenses scandal. Okay times have changed, but I actually think its time to go the whole hog with local government and make being a councillor a full time job, cut down on numbers and make it attractive for people with a bit of nous to get involved, then we might see our Town Halls being run effectively. Lets face it councils employ officers on quite good salaries, who are answerable to part time political activist, not a great recipe for success is it