View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 12:22   #16
groove
I am Banned

Re: Hyndburn heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudwoppa View Post
The site is a personal project of mine that I haven't been able to work on for quite a few months due to work commitments. I wanted to catalogue lots of bits that cropped up in research in a more orderly and structured fashion. I had planned to look at local industry, landmarks, buildings, famous people as well as other bits and bats. I also wanted to cross reference articles like wikipedia does (links to the bullough family from the H&B article for example). Most articles are currently empty as you can see

The books were to be included as links at the bottom of articles as further reading suggestions if people liked the subjects. I think a few of yours are in there Bob Obviously I haven't got that far yet.

Feel free to comment / critique it. I welcome the input and will take no offence. It is very much a work in progress. The only reason I hadn't mentioned it sooner is because of it's incomplete nature.

I had thought about opening it up to a few contributors in a Wikipedia style setup, but again this is something that I never got around to planning properly or doing. If anyone is interested let me know - I'm happy to accept help on it. I'll try and fill it out a bit more over xmas on some days off
Good work Pud. Was'nt meaning to be uncomplimentary. Good luck.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web