View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 18:49   #1399
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
As far as i'm aware i believe it was Claire Pritchard's decision that the Santa's Grotto had to be placed in this location, the Market Superintendent i believe was happy for it to be accommodated elsewhere, as were other stallholders.

The Crib i believe will still be outside as per usual.

Surely "Historically" though didn't Santa's Groto always used to be in the Arndale Centre? At least there it wouldn't interfere with anyone's business, but i dare say the owners of the centre would want the going rent for it.

Be interesting to see how popular the Grotto actually is, because looking at its varied opening hours printed in the Observer it seems to be operating for half a day on Saturday's with a nice long break inbetween to accommodate the Councellors lunch break!!

Best Regards - Taggy
I hope there's no drunks frolicking in the vicinity of Santa's grotto.

Some bright spark might have it removed as an 'experiment', to see if it stops the inebriated acting the goat, and causing a nuisance in the vicinity.

Before it being damaged in transit, and them having to phone up their gypsy friends, and tell them to come and take it away, on the back of their wagon.

Ho, ho, no.

Last edited by garinda; 26-11-2011 at 18:51.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote