Thread: Common Law
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34   #147
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Common Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Since Kenny started on this, I have read into this subject.
Unfortunately, after chatting to a friend who teaches Law, it seems that the Freemans argument holds no water.
The Freemans view seems to be if you do not buy car insurance, road fund license or even hold a Driving license you are not agreeing to the Goverments Contract and therefore cannot be prosecuted because of this.
But by driving on tarmacadamed roads, which are owned by the Government you are agreeing to their contract. So your stuffed.
As I said a long time ago, if you use the things that the Government and Councils provide, bin collection, roads that are tarmacadamed, street lighting etc then you are entering into a contract and liable to play the game.
This reminds me of a quote by a friend of mine, "Some scientists say to God, we don't need you, as we can now make man. So off they go and as they start, God says, Hang on you are using my materials, build your own universe"
Ya BG its definitely the chicken and the egg situation that's for sure, mind you there's always some smart arse that think they have a monopoly on logical thinking as the thread starter has tried to ram down the throats of anybody daring to disagree or take him to task, no doubt this post will warrant another 20,000 word post telling me I'm wrong and he's right