View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 16:47   #87
Eric
God Member

Re: Benefits for the poor are spent on drugs and gambling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Fraud detection needs to be given higher priority by DWP, because the abuses that the press have shown us lately have outraged the general public.

BUT - I consider the provocation of public outrage has been a deliberate policy, in order to gain your tacit agreement to the cuts in benefits that will affect all claimants.

Whilst you are hot under the collar at the abuses you have been shown, the far more financially damaging abuses of tax evasion/avoidance are continuing unnoticed.

I repeat what I said earlier in this thread -
..your attention is being deliberately diverted.
I don't think that I would go as far as "deliberate policy" ... don't think tories are smart enough, or stupid enough for that. I do think that a tacit policy of throwing the poor to the lions to placate the middle and upper classes is implicit in tory politcs and ideology. But now that it is the middle classes under pressure, in order to coddle the wealthy, individuals and corporations, tory politicians have to resort more and more to throwing blame at those whom they consider defenceless. In the long term, this won't work. Folks are coming to realize more and more that they are being screwed over, and that every ship of state in the world has an Edward Smith at the helm.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote