View Single Post
Old 19-12-2011, 18:07   #43
Eric
God Member

Re: I'm a bit disappointed really

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
actually he is because gregg pipe said openly that despite him knowing that teh people of hyndburn didnt want to get involved in the Iraq conflict his personal belief was that it was teh right thing to do so it seems common practice for our local mp's to ignore the wishes of the people they represent.

this is what my main gripe is.It isnt for them to make decisions it is their job to speak on behlaf of us and what we want not what they want
Don't quite agree with your main gripe. I want my representative in parliament to make decisions. Kingston and the Islands sends an MP to parliament, not a ventriloquist's dummy. However, I do want him to keep in touch with the feelings and wishes of his constituents and to make his decisions based, in part, on their input.

And folks should keep in mind that not everyone in the constituency voted for the sitting MP ...

The main criticism that I would have about an MP who is acting like yours, is that he seems to place his personal beliefs and his political career before his responsibilities as an MP.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote