View Single Post
Old 19-12-2011, 19:32   #45
accyman
God Member

Re: I'm a bit disappointed really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Don't quite agree with your main gripe. I want my representative in parliament to make decisions. Kingston and the Islands sends an MP to parliament, not a ventriloquist's dummy. However, I do want him to keep in touch with the feelings and wishes of his constituents and to make his decisions based, in part, on their input.

And folks should keep in mind that not everyone in the constituency voted for the sitting MP ...

The main criticism that I would have about an MP who is acting like yours, is that he seems to place his personal beliefs and his political career before his responsibilities as an MP.

i proibably didnt word it too well or as well as you did but i was aiming for what you said.Graham jones denied us our say beacsue apparently he felt we didnt deserve a vote on the E.U despite saying previously on two occasions that he would back our right to have a vote.Iv stated before that regardless of what people think about the E.U wether it be for or against it we deserve our say on the matter regardless and graham jones did his bit in taking that opportunity away from us.

lets face it there was no personal belief that he thought it was best we didnt get a vote the spinless git folded to his party leaders demands that he vote a particular way and in doing so screwed the people of hynburn on a democratic say.

Of course some decisions have to be made by a MP we cant have a vote on every decision but on matters as big a magnitude as the EU we damn well shoudl get a referendum and be allowed to have our say either way

if he had stood up to milliband i would have voted for him as an indipendant or even as a member of another party if push came to shove if milliband had sacked him from labour but theres no way in hell he will get my vote now.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-12-2011 at 19:35.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote