View Single Post
Old 20-12-2011, 16:27   #69
mobertol
God Member

Re: I'm a bit disappointed really

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yes i too remember almost daily postings of what evil the council was doing and demands for an explination as to why.It also seemed to be suggested that the then council in power did not care what the poeple thought and therefore didnt need to explain themselves.

.I mean someone must have thought it reached enough people or they wouldnt have come here using the forum to batter the oppositioin
This is a local forum essentially, although it is world-wide.

It is right that an opposition do their job -highlighting what they think is incorrect about an administration.

There should be debate and for it to be balanced all sides should use the pubblic forum, of whatever medium, in order for democracy to be achieved..

Otherwise you end up with what we seem to have now -all of "them" thinking they know better and not maintaining a healthy debate and being accountable to those who voted for them -whichever party they may represent..

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote