View Single Post
Old 20-12-2011, 23:37   #8
Eric
God Member

Re: A Two Duvet Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes it's a sure sign, either I'm getting old or my central heating boiler is.
Tonight however I shall be sleeping, (attempting to sleep?). Under two 13 tog duvets.

When I think back to my yoof and how I would regularly sleep under canvas in the harshest of weathers, my own fault if I'd paid my mum the money for board and lodgings when I started work I wouldn't have had to invest in a tent.

The thing is, last night although it wasn't really any colder than any other night recently, I found it very difficult to sleep because my feet were like lumps of ice.

Well before our tame Canadian comes on and tells me how much colder it is over there compared to here and to stop being soft, I'm off to prepare my bedroom.
If this doesn't work I may have to resort to an ad' in buy sell & swop for a second hand woman I can warm my toes against.
So if any of you blokes have one you would like to get rid of, maybe now would be the time to dust her off and make her a little like presentable.

I will only require a basic model, nothing over complicated, if any of you have ideas of getting rid of that overcomplicated modern type that need constant updates and attention forget it, I'll wrap myself in the paperwork that came with my mobile 'phone that should be a trees worth of insulation.
Tame! Moi ...

As a doctor, here's my advice: Get yourself three dingos, and quit bitchin.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote