View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011, 14:39   #1648
mobertol
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Not surprised as you confessed to spending 150 euros an hour on your Christmas shopping day last week.

Does it make it easier and/or more pleasurable to buy gifts if you have an unlimited budget or does the constraint of not being able to splash the cash focus the mind?
It's easily done when you leave everything to the last minute and do a 2 week food shop for a family of four. That plus presents for myself, 2 sons, 1 son's girlfriend and a husband. One big present each plus some books and bits for the boys and a new dress and boots for me. Oh, and cash was not splashed as everything i bought was useful

It is very pleasureable to shop and buy gifts at any time -i love thinking of little things that people will appreciate. Actually the present I bought for myself -my perfume which had just run out after 2 years, ended up going to son's girlfriend as he has no money being unemployed and told me on Xmas Eve that he hadn't got anything to give her...he was thinking of getting her something with the money my mum was giving him for Xmas!

Anyhow back to the Trivia quiz -time to work out the odds on the top 5 players and start the betting

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote