View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 15:58   #4
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Shop Locally - What A Joke!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
Well, after the robbery i was advised to get quotes for anything that was stolen. 3 quotes for each item.

The internet is normally the cheapest place to shop, but i like having a proper local supplier who can deal with any warranty issues i might have. So i decided to get 1 internet quote for each item and them the other 2 quotes from local firms.

Screwfix were more than helpful, as would be expected from a large company. I then needed just one more tool shop to give quotes for £2500 of power tools stolen. So i decided to visit the Toolbox, just around the corner from Argos in Accrington. I went in, told the member of staff what had happened (he just managed to keep his eyes open) and then asked if he could quote for the replacement tools - this was his answer "No sorry, its a waste of my time".

Now, there was no one else in the shop, there was no else parked in there car park. It was 3pm friday so not exactly prime sales time.

So, for everyone who wants Accrington to be a nice and busy town, you have one problem, it seems some shop owners are making so much money that they don't need us, the customer.

I drove over to Nelson, where Able Tools are and got a quote for everything within 10 minutes.

Typical of what i think is wrong with Accrington.

I presumed your first quote was from Screwfix in Accrington, in which case one of them was helpful and one wasn't, so how can that be typical of what is wrong with Accrington.